Monday, September 26, 2011

Meal Planning Monday

Have I ever told y'all how much I LOVE Paula Deen?  Because I seriously do.  She's pretty much the person who started me on my domestic journey.  When I was dating Mr. Spouse and really wanted to impress him with my domestic prowess, I'd watch her on Food Network and try to recreate her meals in my VERY tiny apartment kitchen.  I can honestly say that every single meal was a complete failure.  In a BAD way.   I'd like to think I've come a long way since then.  And I still love Paula just as much...if not more :)  She's so dang cute!!  And her accent?!  LOVE.  And don'tcha just love the way she says "boil"!?!?!?  I own every single one of her cookbooks {except for Paula Deen's Southern Cooking Bible...did ya hear that mom?!?  Christmas list!!!} and all of the Deen boys cookbooks, too.  They're just as cute as she is.  I'd LOVE to have her over for dinner, only I'd hope she'd be the one doin' all the cookin' ;)  

 I thought I'd get back to my cooking roots this week and pay a little homage to the sweet southern gem who got me excited to spend time in the kitchen.  This week's meals...with the exception of Monday...are all from my favorite cook herself :)  Looks like I'll be putting in A LOT of extra time at the gym in the mornings...and fasting throughout the day :)  Love you, Paula!


Monday:  Slow Cooker Chicken Tacos {didn't make them on Sunday, so we're makin' 'em tonight!}

Tuesday:  Spicy Shrimp and Pasta Casserole {this was also on the menu last week, but Mr. Spouse was out with the guys & I didn't want to indulge in this by myself }

Wednesday:  Enchilada Verde Bake {from Cooking with Paula}

Thursday:  Macho Nachos & Carmel Apple Cheeksecake Bars with Streusel Topping  {I'm having a friend over and thought these would be the perfect snack-and-chat foods!!!}

Friday:  Kitchen Closed {Mr. Spouse has a game so it's leftovers for Momma!}

Weekend Breakfast:  Gorilla Bread

Saturday lunch & dinnerTastes Like Lasagna Soup

Sunday lunch:  Out to eat after church

Sunday dinner:  Crab Cakes


Here are some of our favorite Paula recipes I've tried & featured here on Pearls, Handcuffs, & Happy Hour.  And I've loved every.single.one.

3 comments:

  1. Oh I just LOVE Paula Deen! All of her recipes that I have tried are wonderful. Over the weekend I printed one to try and see it on your list for this week...Tastes Like Lasagna Soup. Can't wait to give it a try :)
    Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, my weekly meals include all things from your blog haha! We had baked potatoes with the slow cooker pulled pork tonight (and it was delish!). Tomorrow night we are having Angel Chicken!

    Thanks for posting such yummy recipes... my hubs definitely appreciates it :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would like to let you know that right now, Wal Mart has several Paula Deen gift baskets for the holidays that are really inexpensive and super cute. I bought several for my bunko group and I am kind of wishing I bought myself some. You should check it out.

    ReplyDelete